Monday, December 15, 2008

The Second Part

"This is why we can't have nice things!" Brett complained.

"I told you I hate Family Feud." Kenneth snarled.

"Louie Anderson isn't that bad. Now clean that up."

"Not until you promise no more."

"Fine! Then no more discovery channel either. If I have to watch another stupid documentary on wolves, I am going blow a hemorrhoid."

Kenneth frowned, unsure what to say. Brett and Kenneth held an awkward look for a full two seconds. Brett was first to look away and cough uncomfortably.

"So uh... We still going to the planetarium tonight? Brett asked.

"Fly me to the moon, right?" Kenneth asked, eyes brightening.

"Yeah. That's gonna be cool."
"..."
"Yeah."

"3-D."

"Cool."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

Thankfully, the doorbell rang at that exact moment. Kenneth walked briskly to the door and opened it.
"Ni hao ma!" Kenneth said with delight. Chad, the delivery driver from the Chinese place was standing on the porch with a bag full of lomein and kung pao.

"I'm Vietnamese." Chad said for the second time this week.

"Godless communists." Kenneth muttered as he handed Chad the money.
"Oh brother." Said Brett. If I have to see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon again, I swear on the blood of Thor, there will be swift punishment. Ever since he saw that stupid movie he thinks he's pan Asian or something. Chad left with his crisp two dollar bill for a tip and Kenneth came back to the couch with his dinner. He shoveled in a mouthful, closing his eyes with intensity. When he opened them again, he had a look of disappointment on his face.

"Shoulda figured. If everything tastes like chicken, how come chicken doesn't taste like people?" Kenneth said to himself, almost too quietly to be heard.

"What was that?" Brett asked annoyed.

"Oh nothing. Food just sucks lately. Did they stop using MSG or something?"

"Are you kidding? My stomach is bleeding just from the smell of that stuff."

"Crap. Oh, hey, so how did your intervention with Star-Beam?"

"You mean Ben?"

"Yeah, Sparkle-Child."

"He hasn't changed his name."

"Yet."

"True that. Well, he didn't show up for work today, cause, get this. He is at a freaking weekend retreat."

"It's Thursday."

"I know, the Unifier's think its the most holy day of the week, so Applewhite gets to claim it as a religious holiday."

"Gay."

"Yeah."

"Its just like those Jews, ruining my weekend. Closing their stupid stores down on Saturday. How am I supposed to get gefeltifish when I need it?"

"Ugh. Gefeltifish? That's like spams bastard child from a threesome with dolphin free tuna and bologna."

"Oh yeah. It's nast. But it makes great bait."

"Since when do you fish?"

"Oh, um. I just heard about it on Wikipedia."

Now it was Bretts turn to hold the awkward frowning stare until Kenneth looked away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... why do I think it's so funny when jokes are made like the Chinese/Vietnamese thing? HA HA HA! I loved this post... especially about Ben's cult and the awkward moment that was made better by talking about the planetarium. HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love that I am so dimwitted that I your like "hey im a werewolf" and im like, oh kenneth, get real.. this is beautifuly crafted... boobs...

    ReplyDelete